Are you ballot ready?
Thinking about creating conservation funding at the ballot box to protect your drinking water, forestlands, natural areas or trails?
Here are 5 fast questions our friends at the Trust for Public Land recommend to assess your ballot readiness:
- Do you have the elected leadership you need?
- Is there a demonstrated public need for conservation funding?
- Do you have an on-the-ground coalition of citizens & groups to execute your campaign?
- What is the best jurisdiction for your ballot measure; is it the city, the county, or special district?
- Do you know all the possible funding options to poll; bonds, or sales tax, or something else?
For more information, check out The Trust for Public Land’s companion campaign site: www.conservationcampaign.org
May 4, 2015