Building Local Resilience – Rollbacks to Federal Western Water & Public Health Protections
What are western communities doing to address Trump Administration rollbacks and changes to western water and public health protections and funding?
Date TBD – September 2017
10:00-11:00 am Pacific / 1:00-2:00 pm Eastern
Join our presenters to discuss:
- What are the top three federal policy changes – those already in place and those anticipated – at the nexus of western water and health, that you are most concerned about?
- How are communities organizing to get ready for [or already pushing back on] these changes?
- In your view, what are some leading edge of thinking and action for stepping up to engage?
- There is a great deal of uncertainty about what to expect with federal policy and budgetary changes—how should we as leaders in the West “show up” to meet this? How can we best support each other in ensuring public health, clean and secure water supply?
To learn more, please visit the Water is Life webpage.
This is the third in a three-part webinar series hosted by Carpe Diem West.
- Webinar 1—Navigating the Intersection: Western Water, Climate Change & Public Health. Now online
- Webinar 2—Hot Geography: Lessons from the frontline of the climate, water and health crisis in the American West Watch now
Photo Credit: Shutterstock